These nachos can easily be devoured as an afternoon snack, and are also hardy enough to enjoy for supper.
- 1 bag tortilla chips (thick enough to support all the toppings)
- 1 can (drained) sweet corn
- cups shredded cheddar cheese
- cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded pork or chopped brisket
- ½ cup Meyer’s BBQ Sauce
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the tortilla chops in a somewhat even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the corn over the chips and top with half of the shredded cheese (both varieties). Place shredded pork or chopped brisket on top in an even layer and then sprinkle remainder of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and pour on BBQ sauce. Top with pico de gallo, guacamole, and sour cream.
Cornbread Waffles with Chopped Brisket
A fun BBQ twist on fried chicken and waffles.
- 1 ¾ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 5 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 8 cups chopped brisket
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 sliced green onions for garnish
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a bowl combine buttermilk, egg yolks, corn oil, and honey. Set aside.
- In another large bowl combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour the buttermilk mixture into your flour mixture and stir. Let combined mixtures sit for 10 minutes so the cornmeal has a chance to soften.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip the egg whites to form stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites into the cornmeal batter you let sit. Gently fold in the corn kernels.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and put 1/3 cup of batter for each waffle and cook. You can make the waffles as soft or crisp as you like.
- Heat up the chopped brisket to top on the cornbread waffles.
- Take one waffle and top with 1 cup of the chopped brisket. Sprinkle cheese and top with green onions for garnish.
BBQ Cobb Salad
This salad is a fresh and unique way to enjoy leftover barbecue.
Ingredients for Salad:
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup BBQ meat (we recommend pulled pork, BBQ chicken or turkey)
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cubed cornbread, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1/8 cup basil
Ingredients for Honey Mustard Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Texas honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a salad bowl toss together the baby spinach, BBQ meat of your choice, sliced peaches, tomatoes, cornbread, and sliced avocado. Top with sliced egg.
- Make vinaigrette by whisking together all the ingredients or shake vigorously in a small mason jar.
- Top salad with honey mustard vinaigrette.