There’s nothing better than the start of a new year! It’s the time to make new goals, start fresh, and look forward to the year ahead. Many people look at January as the start of a new healthy eating lifestyle. We’ve put together several healthy grilling recipes that do not cut back on flavor. Enjoy!
Juicy Grilled Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 -2 tsp. Meyer’s Texas BBQ Rub
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1. Place chicken in a Ziploc bag large enough to hold chicken breasts and marinade.
2. Prepare marinade in a large bowl by combining olive oil, lemon juice, Texas BBQ rub, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken in Ziploc bag.
3. While the grill is cold, oil the grates with vegetable oil so the chicken doesn’t stick and you’ll get grill marks.
4. Preheat grill to a medium-high heat and place chicken to cook for four minutes per side (or until 165 degrees). Discard leftover marinade.
5. Once fully cooked, remove chicken from the grill and let sit for five minutes before serving.
Meyer’s Sausage and Pepper Foil Packets
- 8 Garlic Sausage links
- 4 bell peppers (red, yellow, or green)
- 2 onions
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Black Pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
1. Heat grill to high and cut four sheets of foil long enough to make your packets (around 12 inches long).
2. Thinly slice bell peppers and onions. Use the variety of bell peppers you prefer, or a mix of all three.
3. Assemble oil packets and evenly divide sausage links, bell pepper, and onions among four foil packets. Drizzle each with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Fold foil packets so that the food is completely covered and roll the top and bottom edges to seal closed.
5. Grill until peppers and onions are tender as our sausage is fully cooked. It should take about 15 minutes for peppers and onions to cook. Garnish and enjoy!
Meat and Veggies
A classic grilled, healthy meal is meat and veggies. You can stick with leaner proteins such as chicken or turkey, so don’t be afraid to shy away from pork or other red meats. Grilling food is a perfect way to pack in the flavor without adding heavy cream sauces. Our spices and BBQ rubs are a delicious and easy way to season your food without adding a ton of calories. We suggest sprinkling some Meyer’s seasoning on your vegetables for added flavor.