Grandma Meyer’s Dressing Recipe
- 56 oz. water
- 4 tbsp. chicken broth
- 1 c onion
- 2 celery sticks
- 12 oz. butter or margarine
- 3 ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. black pepper
- 1 ¼ tsp. powdered or granulated garlic
- 3 tsp. Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp. Meyer’s Smokehouse Seasoning
- 2/3 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 3 ½ c bread crumbs
- 5 ½ c corn bread
- 4 eggs
- Toast bread and bake pan of cornbread and crumble to small pieces in 325-degree oven.
- Chop onion and celery. (Grandma Meyer runs hers through a blender for 30 seconds with enough water to cover onion and celery). Add to 4-quart stockpot with 40 oz. water, margarine, spices, and chicken broth. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl crack eggs and whisk with 16 oz. water to combine. Pour mixture into 12×10″ baking dish. Add breadcrumbs and cornbread crumbs and mix with a spoon. Do not over mix.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet and place in middle rack of the oven. Bake 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover tightly with aluminum foil and place back in oven for another 45 minutes.
- Check temperature in middle of pan to ensure dressing is cooked to 165 degrees. Set out for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Jalapeno Cream Corn
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ c butter
- 22 oz. whole kernel corn
- 1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ c diced jalapeno (or more if you like yours super spicy)
- Melt cream cheese and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add corn, cheese, butter, and jalapeno to melted cheese and butter mixture.
- Cook the mixture, stirring frequently, until sauce is smooth and ingredients are heated through.
Spicy Green Beans
- Cooking spray
- 29 oz. French style green beans. Drain if bought canned.
- 10 ½ oz. cream of mushroom soup
- 1/8 tsp. red cayenne pepper or Meyer’s Chili Pepper
- 4 oz. French fried onions
- 2 tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat over to 450 degrees.
- Spray 9×9” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine green beans, soup, and red pepper (or chili seasoning) in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle French onions and Parmesan cheese over green beans.
- Bake on lower oven rack for 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Enjoy baking your Texas Thanksgiving side dishes. If you want to order a pre-cooked turkey so you can focus on the sides, you can order one of our hand rubbed, pit-smoked turkeys.