Meyer’s Sausage Casserole
This savory breakfast casserole is a family favorite that we wouldn’t mind eating every morning.
1 lb. Meyer’s smoked sausage (any flavor sausage will work)
7 oz. blended green chilies
1 tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. salt
1 stick melted butter
½ cup flour
½ tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. garlic
½ tsp. fine black pepper
2 cups potatoes
- Thinly slice Meyer’s smoked sausage, ¼ inch thick or less. Our smoked sausages are already cooked, so you can toss the slices right into your casserole for baking.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven heats, beat eggs and mix in all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.
BBQ Breakfast Pizza
It’s breakfast, it’s lunch…this pizza is perfect for brunch!
Refrigerated, prepared pizza dough
4 eggs, lightly scrambled
½ cup cheddar cheese
½ lb. sliced smoked sausage
2 oz. diced red peppers
- Preheat outdoor grill to 375 degrees.
- Pre-bake the prepared pizza dough on the grill for 1-2 minutes and remove from grill.
- Top grilled pizza dough with scrambled eggs, smoked sausage, and peppers. Grill for 3-5 more minutes and place cheese on top of pizza and grill until melted and dough is fully cooked.
Sausage and Fruit Skewers
This light and healthy brunch food is just as easy to make as it is to eat (and grill).
2 firm peaches or nectarines
4 sausage links
1. Preheat your grill or barbecue to medium-high heat.
2. Skewer sausage links and fruit (peaches or nectarines) about ½ inch apart. We recommend soaking your skewers in water, so they don’t burn or blacken while cooking. (Soaking for 30 minutes is the minimum. Soak overnight if you plan ahead.)
3. Grill skewers, turning once, until there are grill marks on the fruit, and the smoked sausage is heated through.