You never truly need a reason to barbecue and host a party, but March Madness is a heck of an excuse to regularly get together with friends and track your bracket. The three Bs – basketball, brews and BBQ – go together better than peanut butter and jelly. We’ve put together three popular recipes that are delicious, easy to make, and even easier to nibble on while you watch the games and keep track of your bracket.
Chili Corn Stack Ups
This is a great tasting, serve yourself dish that your guests can assemble on their own and keep coming back for more.
- ½ cup rice
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 large bag corn chips, or more for a larger crowd
- 6 cups prepared Meyer’s 3 Mistake Chili
- ½ head Iceberg lettuce, shredded or chopped
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1 jar pickled jalapeno slices
1. Prepare a batch of Meyer’s chili or another favorite chili recipe.
2. Cook rice according to directions (usually 2-parts water to 1-part rice) and stir in chopped cilantro.
3. Layer rice, chips, chili and remaining ingredients in individual serving bowls and top with sour cream and jalapenos.
Meyer’s Hot Wings with Blue Cheese Sauce
A family favorite with an exceptional dipping sauce.
- 8 oz. Meyer’s Pepper Sauce/Wing Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Prepare Meyer’s Hot Wings with our family recipe.
2. Make blue cheese sauce: In a small saucepan, bring heavy whipping cream to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the cream is slightly thickened. Stir occasionally. Add crumbled blue cheese while stirring and cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
3. Serve sauce with hot wings and enjoy!
Sausage Cheddar Spread
We’ve elevated the traditional cheese and crackers pairing to a whole new, flavorful level with our own smoked sausages you can buy directly in your local grocery stores.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3-4 Texas Sausage links chopped, more or less depending on how much you like in your spread
- ½ cup crackers, crushed (We recommend Ritz crackers.)
- Assorted crackers for dipping and/or spreading cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, thyme, and pepper.
3. Stir in cheese, green onions, and half of your sliced sausage to the cream cheese mixture.
4. Transfer mixture to a greased 3-cup baking dish.
5. Bake uncovered 15 minutes or until bubbly. Top with remaining chopped sausage and crushed Ritz crackers.
6. Serve with assorted whole crackers and enjoy!