There’s nothing like a plate of freshly smoked sausages hot off the grill to get your appetite up and running! But what do you do with a plate of sausages? Well, if you’re like me you grab one and eat it; but if you’re looking for a more civilized (pinkies up) approach, you’d cut them into bite-sized pieces and serve them with some dipping sauces. If mustard is your only go-to for a dipping sauce, I implore you to read on for gastronomic glory. And by that, I mean you’ll find some easy recipes for homemade dipping sauces that will have you fighting to lick the plate!
Sweet and Sour Chutney
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons whole-ground mustard
Whisk chutney and whole ground mustard to combine
Tangy Dijon Ale Sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons medium-bodied beer (IPA or Amber works well)
- 2 teaspoons honey, or to taste
- Pinch of kosher salt
Whisk the Dijon, beer, honey, and salt to combine. Add more honey, if desired.
Creamy Horseradish Dip
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of sugar
Whisk the mayonnaise, horseradish, cider vinegar, sugar, and salt to combine. Add more horseradish, if desired.
Spicy Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 2 cups Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) hot sauce
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) blue cheese salad dressing
In microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and hot sauce. Cover and microwave on high for about 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until smooth. Serve buffalo sauce in one bowl and blue cheese dressing in another bowl.
Orange Barbecue Dip
- 1 cup Meyer’s barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
In microwave-safe bowl, combine barbecue sauce and orange marmalade. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
Chinese Dipping Sauce
- 1 jar (7 ounces) hoisin sauce
- 1 jar (7 ounces) plum sauce
In microwave-safe bowl, combine hoisin sauce and plum sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
Creamy Mustard Dip
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
In a bowl, combine the mustard, sour cream, and horseradish.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into pot.
- Bring to boil using low heat. Stirring constantly.
- Let cool or serve hot.
- To enhance the flavor of the sauce, just add more of the above ingredients. DO NOT USE SALT, because it will destroy the sweetness of the sauce.